Brooke Swier Schloss leads the law firm's Family Law Practice Group and serves as a key member of the Estate Planning & Probate Practice Group. She focuses her practice on divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, property division, pre- and post-marital planning, adoptions, and estate planning. Brooke serves on the South Dakota Bar Association's Family Law Committee, was named as a Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in Family Law, and has been recognized by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys as a "Top 10 Attorney Under the Age of 40." In 2018, she was named as one of Prairie Business magazine's "Top 25 Women in Business."
Brooke is a graduate of the University of South Dakota School of Law, where she served on the Board of Editors for the South Dakota Law Review and was a published author. She is a member of the State Bar of South Dakota and is admitted to practice before the South Dakota Supreme Court and the Yankton Sioux Tribal Court.
Brooke earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Criminal Justice from Mount Marty College in Yankton. She earned her Education Specialist Degree in School Psychology and her Juris Doctor from the University of South Dakota. Prior to joining Swier Law Firm, Brooke worked as a certified school psychologist.
Brooke grew up in Emery, South Dakota. Brooke and her husband, Chris, have twin daughters, Lucille and Josephine, and a dog, Bentley. Brooke's hobbies including attending sporting activities, scrapbooking, and being with her family and friends.
- The 12 Essential Estate Planning Tips for Families with an Autistic Child™ (2018)
- Your Essential Guide To Child Custody And Divorce In South Dakota™ (2018)
- 36 Financial Records You Should Have & Understand As You Approach a South Dakota Divorce™ (2016)
- 15 Tips for Choosing a South Dakota Divorce Lawyer™ (2014)
- South Dakota Family Law - You're In Contempt! (2019)
- How Social Media Can Hurt Your Divorce Case in South Dakota (2019)
- 5 Tips For the Successor Trustee To Prevent Lawsuits (2019)
- 10 Tips For Your South Dakota Child Custody Case (2019)
- Watch Those Facebook Posts - The Perils of Social Media In A South Dakota Divorce (2019)
- South Dakota Estate Planning - Getting Organized (2018)
- Did Burt Reynolds Really Disinherit His Son? (2018)
- Are Your Parents in the Same Boat as Tom Brokaw? (2018)
- Premarital Agreements - Not Just For The Young or Wealthy, Prairie Planning Magazine (2018)
- Top 3 Mistakes in a South Dakota "High Net Worth" Divorce (February 2018)
- Three Tips for a South Dakota Business Owner Going Through a Divorce (February 2018)
- 5 Common Divorce Mistakes in South Dakota (January 2018)
- How Social Media Can Hurt Your Divorce Case in South Dakota (January 2018)
- Settling Your South Dakota Divorce or Child Custody Case Through Mediation (January 2018)
- The Adoption Is Final . . . Is There More To It?, Prairie Planning Magazine (Fall 2017)
- Your Estate May Still Be Married to Your Ex-Spouse, Prairie Planning Magazine (Summer 2017)
- Gaming Goldmines Grow Green: Limited Gaming, Good Faith Negotiations, and the Economic Impact of the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act in South Dakota, 54 South Dakota Law Review 493 (2009)
- South Dakota Bar Association
- South Dakota Bar Association Family Law Committee
- Mount Marty College Alumni Council
Testimonials for Swier Law Firm