Brooke Swier Schloss leads the law firm's Family Law Practice Group and focuses her practice on divorce, child custody, child support, elder law, spousal support, property division, pre- and post-marital planning, and adoptions. Brooke serves on the South Dakota Bar Association's Family Law Committee, was named as a Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in Family Law, and has been recognized by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys as a "Top 10 Attorney Under the Age of 40."
Brooke is a graduate of the University of South Dakota School of Law, where she served on the Board of Editors for the South Dakota Law Review and was a published author. She is a member of the State Bar of South Dakota and is admitted to practice before the South Dakota Supreme Court and the Yankton Sioux Tribal Court.
Brooke earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and Criminal Justice from Mount Marty College in Yankton. She earned her Education Specialist Degree in School Psychology and her Juris Doctor from the University of South Dakota. Prior to joining Swier Law Firm, Brooke worked as a certified school psychologist.
Brooke grew up in Emery, South Dakota. Brooke and her husband, Chris, have twin daughters, Lucille and Josephine, and a dog, Bentley. Brooke's hobbies including attending sporting activties, scrapbooking, and being with her family and friends.
- The Adoption Is Final . . . Is There More To It?, Prairie Planning Magazine (Fall 2017)
- Your Estate May Still Be Married to Your Ex-Spouse, Prairie Planning Magazine (Summer 2017)
- The South Dakota Child Custody and Divorce Handbook (2016)
- 36 Financial Records You Should Have & Understand As You Approach a South Dakota Divorce (2015)
- 15 Tips for Choosing a South Dakota Divorce Lawyers (2014)
- Gaming Goldmines Grow Green: Limited Gaming, Good Faith Negotiations, and the Economic Impact of the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act in South Dakota, 54 South Dakota Law Review 493 (2009)
- South Dakota Bar Association
- South Dakota Bar Association Family Law Committee
- Mount Marty College Alumni Council