Dr. Kanner was ahead of his time - he was able to remove Autism from being classified as a mental illness.
While we do not know the cause of Autism, we do know two things: 1) genetics most likely play a part and 2) there have not been any conclusive studies that show it is caused by vaccines. In fact, scientists now believe there may be up to fifty (50) genes that could cause Autism. There is no cure for Autism, but with early intervention and treatment, symptoms can be improved and difficulties can be overcome that allow the child to live a happy and productive life.
Why would Autism matter to a law firm?
Because Swier Law Firm's attorneys and staff are raising autistic children . . . and we would like to help you if you are walking the Autism path with a loved one.
We hope to build this page into a reference tool that you can use during your journey of living with Autism. We hope you find helpful articles and information below - we will continue to include articles, links to our books, videos, and interviews.
In The 12 Essential Estate Planning Tips For Families With An Autistic Child™, Swier Law Firm's Estate Planning & Probate Practice Group addresses the unique estate planning challenges faced by families with an autistic child.
This Book Will Answer These Questions:
- Why is estate planning important for you and your autistic child?
- How do you protect your autistic child's eligibility for government benefits?
- What is a Special Needs Trust and why would you want one for your autistic child?
- Why should you create a Letter of Intent for your autistic child?
- Should you consider Advance Directives for your autistic child?
To download this book, please click here.