Who can solemnize a marriage in South Dakota?

In South Dakota, marriages may be solemnized by

  • a justice of the Supreme Court,
  • a judge of the circuit court,
  • a magistrate,
  • a mayor (either within or without the corporate limits of the municipality from which the mayor was elected), or
  • any person authorized by a church to solemnize marriages.
Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Family Law and Estate Planning attorney helping families across South Dakota plan and protect their loved ones