My ex-spouse and I live in Sioux Falls. I am trying to modify our current child support order. However, she refuses to give me her current financial information. What can I do?

In South Dakota, if a parent in a child support modification proceeding fails to furnish income or other financial information, the parent is in default, and that parent's income for determining child support is computed at a rate not less than the most recent annual pay standard as reported by the Department of Labor and Regulation.

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Family Law and Estate Planning attorney helping families across South Dakota plan and protect their loved ones