My ex-spouse and I have a shared parenting agreement - how is child support calculated in South Dakota?

In South Dakota (1) if parents have agreed in writing to a shared parenting plan which provides that the children will live no less than 180 nights per year in each parent's home, and (2) that the parents will share the duties and responsibilities of parenting the children and the expenses of the children in proportion to their incomes, and (3) the shared parenting plan has been incorporated in the custody order, the court may grant a cross credit on the amount of the child support obligation based on the number of nights the children resides with each parent.

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Family Law and Estate Planning attorney helping families across South Dakota plan and protect their loved ones