My child's current needs are not being met through my ex-spouse's monthly child support payment. What can I do about this under South Dakota law?

In South Dakota, if a child's needs are not being met through the income of the parents, assets shall be considered.  If the parents have savings, life insurance, or other assets in amounts unrelated to income, these holdings shall be considered.  The parents' ability to borrow may also be used to determine financial ability.

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Family Law and Estate Planning attorney helping families across South Dakota plan and protect their loved ones