In South Dakota, If my spouse stops paying child support, can I stop him or her from seeing the kids?


No. Child support and child custody are two separate issues. It is in the best interest of children to have a relationship with both parents (absent abuse or neglect). If your spouse is not paying child support, you will need to take him or her to court to resolve the matter.

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Estate Planning & Family Law Attorney