I live in Sioux Falls. My husband lives in Brookings. Where can I file my South Dakota divorce action?

A divorce action may be started in the county where either party lives, but the defendant has the right to change the place of the trial to the county where the defendant resides.

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Family Law and Estate Planning attorney helping families across South Dakota plan and protect their loved ones