I currently have a South Dakota child support order dated June 30, 2009. Can I have this order modified?

Yes.  Under South Dakota law, all child support orders entered and in effect prior to July 1, 2009, can be modified without requiring a showing of a change in circumstances from the entry of the order.

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Estate Planning & Family Law Attorney