How does a South Dakota court make a child support modification decision?

If a parent wants to modify a child custody decision, he or she must show (1) there has been a substantial and material change in circumstances since the initial custody decision; and (2) the child’s welfare and best interests warrant the modification. 

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Family Law and Estate Planning attorney helping families across South Dakota plan and protect their loved ones