How are retirement assets handled in a South Dakota divorce?


In South Dakota, one way to handle retirement assets is through a Qualified Domestic Relations Order or QDRO. Under this arrangement, the QDRO will specify the terms under which you or your former spouse can receive an interest in a qualified retirement plan, like a 401(k) or pension. 

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Family Law and Estate Planning attorney helping families across South Dakota plan and protect their loved ones