Does a minor need the consent of a parent or guardian to marry in South Dakota?

Yes. If either person is a minor, no marriage license can be granted unless the written consent of the person's parent or guardian is filed with the county register of deeds. 

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Estate Planning & Family Law Attorney