Do you have to be a resident of South Dakota to start a divorce action in South Dakota?

Yes. Any person who starts a divorce action must, at the time the action is started, be a resident of South Dakota, or be stationed in South Dakota while a member of the armed services. 

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Family Law and Estate Planning attorney helping families across South Dakota plan and protect their loved ones