Can my South Dakota child support increase when I am supporting my special needs child?


Yes. In South Dakota, you can deviate from the child support schedule when you have a special needs child. For example, the cost of a caregiver with skills necessary to handle a child's complicated medication regimen or a specific vehicle that would support a child with cerebral palsy and seizure disorder.

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Family Law and Estate Planning attorney helping families across South Dakota plan and protect their loved ones