Research shows that the most effective school board training occurs when all members of the board learn and interact as a team.
Swier Law Firm's Education Law Practice Group is now offering professional training and development for South Dakota's school board members. These customized and practical training sessions allow the entire board to come together and focus on particular areas of a school district's need. Board members can discuss their school district's specific legal situations, ask legal questions, and develop plans for complying with our state's many school law requirements.
Recent training sessions have included:
- 10 Tips for South Dakota School Board Members
- 4 Fundamentals of South Dakota's Open Meetings Law
- 10 Fundamentals of South Dakota's Public Records Act
- 5 "Legal Quick Hitters" for School Board Members
- 12 Tips for Teacher Non-Renewal and Termination
- Student Privacy and On-Line Accounts
- 5 Tips for Student Due Process Hearings
- What You Need to Know - Texting, Sexting, Cyberbullying, and Other Liability Issues Facing South Dakota's School Districts