The South Dakota School Law Deskbook (2018-2019 Edition)
The South Dakota School Law Deskbook (2018-2019 Edition) is the latest comprehensive update of school law in our state and the essential resource for every school administrator, school board member, and teacher. The 2018-2019 Edition contains over 400 pages and covers all legal areas that school leaders need to know on a daily basis by providing practical explanations of complex school law concepts in an easy-to-follow Question & Answer format.
In the 2018-2019 Edition, you'll learn about:
- All of the recent changes in South Dakota school law, including those made in 2017 and 2018 by the South Dakota Legislature
- The United States Supreme Court's recent special education decisions in Fry v. Napoleon Community School and Endrew F. v. Douglas County School District
- The South Dakota Supreme Court's recent Common Core decision in Mauricio v. Daugaard
- The South Dakota Federal Court's recent special education decision in Artichoker v. Todd County School District
- South Dakota's new seclusion and restraint requirements
- And much more . . .
The 2018-2019 Edition also contains new chapters covering:
- Title IX
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Act (USERRA)
- The Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA)
- School counseling law
No school official should be without a copy of the latest edition of The South Dakota School Law Deskbook at their fingertips!
Pre-publication orders of The South Dakota School Law Deskbook (2018-2019 Edition) are being taken through Friday, September 7, 2018 for the special price of $150.00 (plus S&H) by contacting Ms. Chris Bryan ([email protected] or 605-286-3218) at Swier Law Firm's Education Law Practice Group. After September 7, 2018, the price increases to $165.00 (plus S&H).