Nearly every business is at cyber risk. Cyber Law is where the law meets the Internet, and with the online world continually evolving, it is important to consult with an attorney that can keep up with the changes. If you are a startup, small business, or any type of organization that does business on the Internet, you need to ensure that your digital assets are protected and that all other web-related legal matters are fully addressed.
In today’s digital economy, companies face unprecedented challenges in managing privacy and cybersecurity risks associated with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information about their customers and employees. The complicated framework of global legal requirements impacting the collection, use and disclosure of personal information makes it imperative that modern businesses have a sophisticated understanding of the issues if they want to effectively compete in today’s economy.
As one of a handful of Great Plains’ law firms practicing in the area of Cyber Law, Swier Law Firm’s lawyers understand the emerging threats to the security of IT systems, and related cyber-regulatory efforts by governments that pose unique challenges to companies serving private sector or government customers.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Data breach and cybercrime
- Compliance with local and state privacy laws
- Public sector issues and freedom of information
- Information governance and records management
- Security policies and bring your own device (BYOD)
- Employment issues
- Investigating incidents
- Your Cyber Lawyer - A Bridge Between IT And Management When Data, Breach, Or Privacy Questions Arise
- South Dakota Cyber Law - Does Your Company's Email Advertising Comply With The CAN-SPAM Act?
- South Dakota Cyber Law - Can My Online Posts Hurt My Ability To Enforce My Privacy Rights In Court?
- 2 Tips For Keeping Your South Dakota Business Cyber Secure
- Is Cyber Security A Threat To Your South Dakota Precision Ag Business?
- South Dakota Cyber Law - Enhancing Your Website's Domain Name
- South Dakota Cyber Law - Using Cyber Security Measures To Protect Trade Secrets In The Digital Age
- South Dakota Cyber Law - Can My South Dakota Business Be Sued In Hawaii?
- Maine Supreme Court - Facebook Posts May Constitute A Communication In Violation Of A Protection Order
- 3 Things Every South Dakota Business Should Know About Cyber Crimes
- What Every Business Needs to Know About South Dakota's New Data Breach Law
- The Role Of An Attorney When Your Business Is Victim To Cybercrime
- South Dakota Data Breach Law Gives Business Another Reason To Make Data Security A Top Priority
- European Union Regulation In The Midwest?
- South Dakota Business & Corporate Law - Cyber Law 101
- 4 Things Every South Dakota Business Should Know About Cyber Law