The 2017-2018 Supplement to the South Dakota School Law Deskbook™ will be available on August 15, 2017.
The South Dakota School Law Deskbook™ is the essential resource for every school administrator, school board member, and teacher. The 2017-2018 Supplement provides practical explanations of complex school law concepts in an easy-to-follow question and answer format. The 2017-2018 Supplement contains all of the recent changes in school law, including those made by the 2017 Legislature that took effect on July 1.
In the 2017-2018 Supplement, you'll learn about:
▪ The United States Supreme Court's recent special education decisions in Fry v. Napoleon Community School and Endrew F. v. Douglas County School District
▪ South Dakota's revised "conflict-of-interest" laws
▪ The South Dakota Supreme Court's recent "Common Core" decision in Mauricio v. Daugaard
▪ An update on Title IX in South Dakota
▪ The South Dakota Federal District Court's special education decision in Artichoker v. Todd County School District
▪ South Dakota's revised "minor boundary change" laws
▪ The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
▪ The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
▪ And much more. . .
No school official should be without a copy of The South Dakota School Law Deskbook™ and the 2017-2018 Supplement at their fingertips!
Pre-publication orders of the 2017-2018 Supplement to The South Dakota School Law Deskbook™ are being taken through Monday, July 24, 2017 for the special price of $55.00 (plus S&H) (hard copy version) or $42.00 (electronic pdf version) by contacting Ms. Chris Bryan ([email protected] or 605-286-3218) at Swier Law Firm's Education Law Practice Group. After July 24, 2017, the price increases to $60.00 (plus S&H) (hard copy version) or $45.00 (electronic pdf version).