The 2017-2018 Supplement to the South Dakota School Law Deskbook will be available on August 15, 2017.
The South Dakota School Law Deskbook is the essential resource for every school administrator, school board member, and teacher. The 2017-2018 Supplement provides practical explanations of complex school law concepts in an easy-to-follow question and answer format. The 2017-2018 Supplement contains all of the recent changes in school law, including those made by the 2017 Legislature that took effect on July 1.
In the 2017-2018 Supplement, you'll learn about:
▪ The United States Supreme Court's recent special education decisions in Fry v. Napoleon Community School and Endrew F. v. Douglas County School District
▪ South Dakota's revised "conflict-of-interest" laws
▪ The South Dakota Supreme Court's recent "Common Core" decision in Mauricio v. Daugaard
▪ An update on Title IX in South Dakota
▪ The South Dakota Federal District Court's special education decision in Artichoker v. Todd County School District
▪ South Dakota's revised "minor boundary change" laws
▪ The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
▪ The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
▪ And much more. . .
No school official should be without a copy of The South Dakota School Law Deskbook and the 2017-2018 Supplement at their fingertips!
Pre-publication orders of the 2017-2018 Supplement to The South Dakota School Law Deskbook are being taken through Monday, July 24, 2017 for the special price of $55.00 (plus S&H) (hard copy version) or $42.00 (electronic pdf version) by contacting Ms. Chris Bryan ([email protected] or 605-286-3218) at Swier Law Firm's Education Law Practice Group. After July 24, 2017, the price increases to $60.00 (plus S&H) (hard copy version) or $45.00 (electronic pdf version).