The South Dakota School Law Deskbook
The South Dakota School Law Deskbook is the essential resource for every school administrator, school board member, and teacher. This comprehensive book provides practical explanations of complex school law concepts in an easy-to-follow question and answer format. The Deskbook contains all of the recent changes in school law, including those made by the 2016 South Dakota Legislature that take effect on July 1.
In this book, you’ll learn about:
• School district organization and elections
• Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
• Teacher employment
• Collective bargaining
• South Dakota Open Meetings Law
• South Dakota Public Records Act
• Student search and seizure
• Student discipline and supervision
• Special education laws and regulations
• Open enrollment
• Tort liability
• Child custody law
• And much more . . .
No school official should be without a copy of The South Dakota School Law Deskbook at their fingertips!
Pre-publication orders of The South Dakota School Law Deskbook are being taken through July 25, 2016 for the discounted price of $130.00 (plus S&H) by contacting Ms. Chris Bryan ([email protected] or 605-286-3218) at Swier Law Firm's Education Law Practice Group. After July 25, 2016 the price increases to $145.00 (plus S&H).