Here are 8 more things your South Dakota wrongful death attorney can do for you:
1. Contact the insurance company about the claim.
2. Conduct negotiations with the insurance company in an attempt to settle the claim.
3. If a legal action is filed, prepare and draft the summons and complaint to file in court.
4. Draft written questions for information from the other side.
5. Prepare for and conduct depositions of the defendant and other witnesses.
6. Meet with friends, daycare providers, and teachers to help understand the effect the loved one’s death has had upon surviving children.
7. Answer questions and provide information and records requested by the other side.
8. Hire any experts needed to support or prove the claim.