Should I give a copy of my South Dakota will to my Personal Representative or to my children?


Under most circumstances, you should not give a copy of your will to your Personal Representative, children, or anyone else who might have an interest in your estate. You never know what the future may hold, and you may want to change your will. You also do not want “old” copies of your will floating around because this could cause future confusion and hard feelings. Our law firm does recommend that you tell your Personal Representative where your original will is located.