I currently serve as Personal Representative for my mother's estate in Sioux Falls. A claim has recently been made against my mother's estate. In South Dakota, what can I do as Personal Representative?

Under South Dakota law, when a claim is made against an estate, the Personal Representative may (if it appears for the best interest of the estate) compromise the claim, whether due or not due, absolute or contingent, liquidated or unliquidated.