My child was injured in a car accident in Sioux Falls - will my child have to bring a lawsuit himself?

No.  Although most cases in South Dakota involving children do not result in a lawsuit, if a lawsuit is necessary, the court will appoint a guardian to bring any legal action on the child's behalf.  In most cases, the guardian will be the child's parent.  Your South Dakota lawyer can explain the process of appointing a guardian so that a legal action may be started.