What happens if I was injured in an automobile accident caused by an uninsured driver in South Dakota?

You may have a claim for Uninsured Motor (UM) benefits under your own policy.

UM coverage pays bodily injury or death expenses for you and any passengers in your vehicle up to your policy limits if you're struck by a driver who doesn’t have insurance, or if you’re struck by a “hit-and-run” driver that you cannot identify.