Swier Law Firm's Education Law Practice Group is known for providing the highest quality special education expertise in South Dakota. The firm's special education attorneys have handled matters involving virtually every legal issue in the field.
For example, Swier Law Firm:
● Represents school districts in mediations and due process cases.
● Advises special education providers throughout South Dakota.
● Develops special education materials, sample policies and procedures, and a variety of checklists.
● Presents at state and regional conferences, including the Associated School Boards of South Dakota/School Administrators of South Dakota Joint Convention.
● Develops special education presentations and webinars for schools throughout South Dakota.
Swier Law Firm also represents and advises school districts regarding:
● Individualized Education Programs (IEP meetings)
● Section 504 meetings
● IDEA resolution sessions, mediations, prehearing conferences, and hearings
● IDEA discipline issues and hearings
● Bullying and harassment claims
● Office of Civil Rights investigations and complaints
● Open enrollment of special education students
● Case analysis and preparation before the United States District Court and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals