In South Dakota, you may change your will as often as you like. Here are seven reasons to review your South Dakota will:
1. A change in marital status.
2. A change in your state of residence.
3. A significant change in the value of your assets.
4. A change in the federal tax laws.
5. The death of a beneficiary.
6. The death of a trustee or personal representative.
7. The death of your minor child's guardian.
If you believe a change to your will is needed, you should consult an estate planning attorney who is familiar with South Dakota's probate code.