- The other driver's operating license (make sure to ask if the address on the license is current - if it is not, ask the other driver for his current address)
- The other driver's license plate number
- The other driver's name and telephone number(s)
- The name and address of other driver's insurance agent
- The other driver's insurance card and policy number
South Dakota law requires every driver to have insurance and insurance companies issue each policyholder an insurance identification card.