In South Dakota, what happens to my grandfather's property if he dies without a Will?

A person who dies and has a Will is said to have died testate. When a person dies without a Will, the court appoints a personal representative to administer the estate and to distribute the property, as provided by law. 

When there is no Will, there will be an intestate probate proceeding. These proceedings are generally in the county where the deceased lived at the time of death. If there is no Will, the persons entitled to share in the distribution of an estate are determined by the rules of intestate succession.