While each case is different, in South Dakota, statute of limitation laws impose certain time limitations on how long you can wait to file a personal injury lawsuit. Essentially, you only have a certain period of time after you are injured by the actions of another person to file your claim. As a result, you should contact your attorney immediately so that your claim can be evaluated.
How long can I wait to file a South Dakota personal injury lawsuit?
About Swier Law Firm's Personal Litigation Practice Group
Selecting the best law firm for your personal injury case is an important decision. Our Personal Litigation Practice Group has experience providing exceptional legal services to clients in state and federal courts across South Dakota and the region. Our attorneys carefully review each case to determine the proper course of action, which may include negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or litigation.
In 2017, Swier Law Firm andannounced a new strategic alliance to better serve our personal litigation clients. The attorneys at our law firms have a track record of handling complex and high-profile cases. This one-of-a-kind alliance provides a collaboration between our law firms' personal injury, workers compensation, wrongful death, and insurance bad faith practices and will allow us to provide each client with personalized, first-class legal representation.
Exceptional work by Swier Law Firm and Hoy Trial Lawyers has been recognized by national publications and among legal professionals, including:
- 10.0 "Superb" rating by AVVO, the highest rating within the professional review process
- US News and World Report - Best Law Firms in America
- South Dakota's Trial Lawyer of the Year
- South Dakota Super Lawyers
- Trial Lawyers College
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- International Society of Barristers
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers - "Top 100 Trial Lawyers"
- National Trial Lawyers - "Top 40 Attorneys Under the Age of 40"
- South Dakota's Young Lawyer of the Year
- South Dakota Trial Academy
- Insurance Bad Faith Trial Lawyers Association
- South Dakota Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
Our law firms have literally "written the book" on personal injury cases in South Dakota. Each book is designed to help accident victims and their families understand their legal rights, the insurance claim process, and the court system in South Dakota. You can request your free copy by clicking on the book covers below.