In a South Dakota divorce, will I receive a share of my spouse’s retirement plan?


The court can award you a share of your spouse’s retirement plan by a document called a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO). This is an order which must be approved by the retirement plan administrator and which directs the plan administrator as to how and when you will receive your benefits.

Brooke Swier Schloss
Connect with me
Family Law and Estate Planning attorney helping families across South Dakota plan and protect their loved ones