Lindsay M. Harris leads the law firm's Business & Corporate Law Practice Group and Estate Planning & Probate Practice Group. Lindsay protects what is most important to you using forward thinking and creative solutions derived from exceptional expertise.
Prior to joining Swier Law Firm, Lindsay practiced at Thompson Law, PC in Sioux Falls where she focused her practice on Estate and Business Planning. Her previous insight and experience allows her to uniquely address her clients’ goals and concerns. Family is everything to Lindsay. She finds joy and fulfillment in working to help protect what is most important to people - their family and their business. Whether it is creating wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, charitable trusts, or advanced business plans such as family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, or corporations, Lindsay’s passion is to ensure that every family and business is protected when life changing events occur.
From representing large companies to small family farms, Lindsay has seen first hand the legal challenges businesses face and is prepared and equipped to help you every step of the way. She strives to become a trusted resource for all of the businesses she represents to ensure that every transaction helps promote the overall health of the business. Whether it is setting up a new business, selling a business, or daily business tasks, corporate work requires a common sense perspective led by a focused attorney. Lindsay wants to work on your business so you can work in your business.
Lindsay maintains over 63 hours of continued legal education in the areas of estate and business planning each year. She graduated summa cum laude with her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and Spanish from the University of South Dakota and with High Honors from the University of South Dakota School of Law. While in law school, Lindsay was an active member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board and took 2nd place at the American Bar Association’s Mediation Competition in Texas. Lindsay was also an active member of the Trial Team, Women in Law, and the Innocence Project.
Outside of the office, Lindsay can be found on the tee box, ski hill, or in front of her art easel. She enjoys spending Saturday mornings having coffee with her grandparents and playing with her nieces and nephews. As community involvement is important to Lindsay, you may also find her volunteering for various organizations in the Harrisburg and Sioux Falls communities.
- Death & Taxes: The Future of Estate & Business Planning Under a New Administration (February 2017)
- Will a Deadlock Destroy Your Farm?, Dakota Farmer Magazine (February 2017)
- Who Owns Your Farm?, Dakota Farmer Magazine (January 2017)
- Are Santa's Elves Working for the IRS: A Look at Federal Estate and Gift Taxes for 2017 (December 2016)
- Estate Planning: Not ‘One and Done’, Dakota Farmer Magazine (September 2016)
- Complex Issues in Estate Administration, National Business Institute (May 2016)
- Ethics in Estate Administration, National Business Institute (May 2016)
- Standard Form Contracts: Don’t End Up Like Sofia Vergara! (February 2016)
- Estate Planning for your Embryos: Do You Have a Plan? (December 2015)
- Christmas is Around the Corner: Is the IRS in a Gifting Mood? (November 2015)
- Succession Planning 101, Prairie Family Business Association, Fargo, ND (September 2016)
- Family Business Succession - Paul Nelson Farms Conference (July 2016)
- Estate Planning Refresher Course, Sioux Falls, SD (June 2016)
- Complex Issues in Estate Administration, National Business Institute, Sioux Falls, SD (May 2016)
- Ethics in Estate Administration, National Business Institute, Sioux Falls, SD (May 2016)
- Planning for Life after Death: Living Wills and Organ Donation Declarations (April 2016)
- Organ Donation Declarations, Sioux Falls Convention Center (April 2015)
- South Dakota Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Second Circuit Bar Association
- Wealth Counsel
- South Dakota Young Lawyer’s Association
- Sioux Falls Estate Planning Council
- Young Professionals Network
- Sioux Falls Chamber of Commerce
- The Bakery
- Farm Planning Counsel
- Business Planning Counsel
- Asset Protection Planning Counsel
Estate Planning: Trusts, Wills, Living Wills, Healthcare Powers of Attorney, Financial Powers of Attorney, Irrevocable Trusts, Charitable Planning, Financial Planning, Taxable Planning, Advanced Planning, Asset Protection Planning, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Special Needs Planning, Medicaid Planning, Guardianships, Conservatorships, Dynasty Trusts, Agricultural Planning and Land Trusts, Physician Planning, Probate, and Trust Administration
Business Planning: Business and Corporate Law, Transactional Law, Entity Selection, Business Dissolutions, Purchases and Sales of Businesses, Business Succession Planning, Buy-Sell Agreements, Record and Minute Maintenance, Lawsuit and Risk Management, and Corporate Matters